The original firehouse was completed in 1926 and the first truck, a 1926 Cosmopolitan chemical, was purchased the same year. This truck saw active service until 1939 when it was replaced by a new 300 GPM Dodge Pumper.
In 1946, an Autocar gasoline truck was converted to a 1500 gallon water tanker. By 1956 it was deemed necessary to add another Pumper, so the company purchased a new International 750 GPM Engine.
The 1960s saw the addition of a new engine room at Station 44 located on Bensalem Blvd (1962), a new Chief’s car (1967), and a new field truck Tac-445 (1968). A 1958 White 750 GPM Engine 44-2 was also added in 1968, after being purchased from the Edgley Fire Company in Bristol, PA. Engine 44-2 is currently owned by the company and is used in special events.
In 1970, the company purchased a GMC 1000 GPM Pumper with a 2000 gallon water tank. This truck was Engine 44-3. This tanker-pumper was delivered the following year.
In 1973, a new Great Eastern 1000 GPM Engine was acquired and called Engine 44-1.
1975 saw the addition of a Dodge Attack Pumper known as Tac 44-6. Plans for Station 44-2 which is now known as Station 88 were completed. This station is located in the Neshaminy Valley Section of the Township. On March 6th, groundbreaking ceremonies were held. Station 88 was built almost entirely by the members of the company. It was operational by Memorial Day with two trucks, a 1958 White and the 1975 Dodge, with dedication ceremonies held on October 1, 1977.
In 1979, the company purchased a Gruman-Duplex Pumper known as Engine 44.
In 1983, a GMC Suburban was purchased as a station vehicle for transporting personnel and other company details.
In 1984, an Emergency One (E-One) 500 gallon 1250 GPM pumper was purchased and known as Engine 44-2.
In 1986, the company purchased an Emergency One (E-One) squirt was with an articulating waterway (Boom) 500-gallon tank and 1250 GPM. This truck was known as Tower 88 and later Squirt 44.
In 1992, the company purchased an Emergency One (E-One) pumper known as Engine 44. This engine replaced the 1979 engine. Engine 44 had a 750-gallon tank and a 1250 GPM.
In 1996 and 1997 the company purchased two Ford F 350 crew cabs, 4 wheel drive pickups for each of the stations, replacing the 1983 Suburban.
In 1999 a truck committee was formed to replace the 1984 pumper. In 2000 the company ordered a new 750 gallon 1500 GPM pumper from Pierce. We took delivery of the 2000 Pierce Quantum Pumper known as Engine 88 in October of 2000. It was placed into service in November of 2000. The truck is currently assigned as Engine 88-1.
In 2000 the company converted the 1996 Ford F-350 pickup truck to Field 44 with a 200-gallon tank.
In 2020 the company purchased a 2020 F-150 that was designated Utility 88.
October 19, 2002, saw the groundbreaking for the addition on Station 88. In attendance was the Governor of Pennsylvania, Mark Schweiker, State Senator Robert (Tommy) Tomlinson, State Representative Gene Digirolamo, and Bensalem Mayor Joseph Digiralamo.
In November 2003, construction work started on Station 88 renovations and addition project. This work would be completed in May of 2004 at the cost of $500,000.00.
In 2007, the company purchased a Pumper with a 750 gallon and 2000 GPM pump from Seagrave. This pumper is currently assigned as Engine 44.
In 2013, the company purchased a pumper from Pierce. This pumper has a 750-gallon take and a 1500 GPM pump. This pumper is currently known as Engine 88. This truck replaced the 1992 Emergency One pumper.
In 2018 the company purchased a 2018 F-350 Reading body truck that is equipped with medical equipment for medical runs as well as all our water equipment. This truck is currently known as Special Service 44.
In 2020, the company purchased a 2020 F-150 that was designated Utility 88.