The original Station 44 was built in 1926. The Station is located at 5961 Bensalem Blvd. Bensalem Blvd was known as Newportville Road back in the day. The original station is attached to the current building which was built in 1962. This building was built by the members. Before the Sub-Station was built (Station 88) Station 44 housed all the apparatus at the time. The apparatus located there in the mid-1970s was Tac 44-5 and 44-6, Engine 441, Engine 44-2, Engine 44-3, 1946 Autocar tanker that had no number, and the 1967 Chiefs car known as Car 44-7.