The application process consists of 7 steps:
- Start your application process by filling out this form
- Membership Application – Complete the application and sign the “Application Process” form stating that you are aware and understand the application process.
**Any applicant under the age of 18 must submit a copy of their working papers with application**
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Background Check – The Criminal Background Check may be completed online at the PA State Police website:
www.psp.state.pa.us/patch/site/default/asp. Select- New Record (Volunteers only) and follow the instructions prompted. Print and save a copy of the certification at the end. (ATTACH TO APPLICATION)
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance – The Child Abuse Clearance may be completed online at: https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home. Create an account and follow the instructions prompted. Print and save a copy of the form that states you have submitted the request. (ATTACH TO APPLICATION)
- Submit Completed Application: Submit Application by email with Child Abuse Clearance, Criminal Background Check, and any prior certifications attached to [email protected] or drop off your application with all necessary documents attached to one of the two stations on Wednesday night between 1830-1900. Once submitted, the application will be sent to the Township for review.
- Membership Interview – After completing your application, a representative of the membership committee will contact you to set up an interview. At that time, you will be interviewed by members of the committee. If you are a minor, you must have a parent present at the time of the interview.
- Probationary Period – Upon the completion of the above steps, your membership request will be brought to the attention of the members of the fire department during one of the monthly meetings. The membership committee will review your application with the members, During this time, the body will vote to either accept you to the department for a one (1) year probationary period or to deny acceptance. If you are voted in, at any time during the probationary period you may be asked not to return for any reason. This will terminate your probationary period and your eligibility for full membership. Upon satisfactory completion of the probationary period, you will become eligible to be voted in for full membership